Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance to Finglas from Broombridge train station

Options
  • 19-02-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know how far is the station from Mellowes road in Finglas. Is it walking distance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

According to Google Maps, it is a 2.6km walk that would take 30 mins, going along Cardiffsbridge Rd. It also says part of the route has no paths so I don't know how safe it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,336 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is doable, although I'd be wary of the park at night.

An alternative might be to get a 40, 40b or 40d to Drumcondra station.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I second the idea of getting the bus. The area around the station and the station itself has a bad reputation for anti social behaviour & rocks being thrown at passing trains. There is a lot of badly lit and unsupervised waste land around the station that can harbour the gurrier element out to cause trouble. I'd be very wary walking to and from the station, especially after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As bad as broombridge can be, most of the time its completely deserted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Ah Broombridge I dont get why Irish Rail doesnt shut this station down. A few years ago Irish Rail put bricks on the platform and the local hooligans decided to take them up brick by brick and use them to trow at passing trains.

OP stay away from this station and do as the others suggested take the bus to Drumcondra station

• Registered Users Posts: 78,336 ✭✭✭✭Victor

jjbrien wrote: »
    Ah Broombridge I dont get why Irish Rail doesnt shut this station down.
    Because people use it.
    OP stay away from this station and do as the others suggested take the bus to Drumcondra station
    Other than the reports of bag snatching on the train, the problems are anti-social behaviour and criminal damage. There is no absolute need to avoid the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Anti-social behaviour and criminal damage are enough reasons for most people!
    mtjm wrote: »

Looks like a gay orgy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Kids smashing windows on the train at Broombridge yesterday evening, same the evening before by the sounds of things (My train behind it was delayed as a result).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

People who say it should be shut down are talking bollix. The trains will still have to go through it even if they don't stop there but people won't be able to use it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

People who say it should be shut down are talking bollix. The trains will still have to go through it even if they don't stop there but people won't be able to use it :confused:
    too dodgy just shut the place down and open a new heavily guarded station at a more suitable location when the luas gets extended to finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

triple-M wrote: »
    too dodgy just shut the place down and open a new heavily guarded station at a more suitable location when the luas gets extended to finglas
    Why not guard the station now?
    The luas is only getting extended to broombridge station at present

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Shut it down and put 15 ft security fence both sides of the track, stretching half a mile in both directions from the station.

Advertisement