Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Play

Options
  • 19-02-2013 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

I updated SC2 client, now on 2.04 (which apparently is WoL and HotS together with HotS locked until you buy it next month).

For some reason I seem to be on the US Battle.net, it asked me to create a new user. I assume this is Global Play going a bit wonky. I can't see where the option to go back to the EU servers is. On eu.battle.net I can see my user is still alive and well, but I can't see in the client how to switch. Google says it should be on the log on screen, but if it is I'm missing it.

Anyone used this feature yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

AFAIK the new patch is only supposed to be active in the US but not in Europe until a couple of days time. As of midnight last night my client hadn't updated anyway.

Global play has technically been active for the past few weeks, in that you could install a second version of the game changing the geographic region you say you are in, and play the game in that region. I did it with the US region and am currently playing in both US and Europe (have to install the new patch today).

I dont think the global play is officially going to be activated for another couple of weeks, i.e. you can selected the region you want to play in when you log in. (At least that's what the patch notes says on the US.battle.net) I'd say that is why you are not seeing it.

Somehow what seems to have happened is that your gaming region has been changed to the US, hence your client updating and you playing on the US servers. I've honestly no idea how that would have happened or how to change back if it has. You can always install the game again in a different folder, just make sure your game region is set to europe on your battle.net account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Wonder was it because I was in the HotS beta?

Well hopefully it gets sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

I really dont know myself, I didn't get Hots beta, also seems I was wrong about the patch only being in the US, it does seem to be available in the EU as of now.

Its perhaps worth posting on the technical support forum on eu.battle.net. It could be a known issue but I can't find out anything about it. Later tonight I should have my EU account patched, will report back to see if I have any similar problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Same problem happened to me used this relocalizer to switch back onto eu worked fine http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357860 , hopefully blizz fixs soon so this is not needed but for now its goood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

GosuIrish wrote: »
    Same problem happened to me used this relocalizer to switch back onto eu worked fine http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357860 , hopefully blizz fixs soon so this is not needed but for now its goood

Thanks, that worked a charm

• Advertisement
Advertisement