Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does CAO offers work?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, this is going to sound incredibly stupid so apologies in advance.

I'm applying to the CAO through Fetac this year and I'm curious as to how the CAO system works, I'm 22 so I haven't used the CAO in 6 years. (Writing That made me feel really old)

If I have something as my top choice and I get offered that course, am I right in saying I won't receive any potential offers from courses below my top choice?

So for instance I won't have a choice come the offer issue date if I get an offer from my top choice? I thought this was the case but I've been reading back through threads and seen some posts of people saying they received a couple of offers on the issue day.

I'm currently anxiously confident that I will get offered a place in a course I've put on my list. I'm doing 12 modules and I have distinctions in 10 and high merits in the others that I hope to turn into distinctions.

I understand that I need distinctions in certain modules in order to get into certain courses,

Advertisement