Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Spanish and French really that lazy?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 5:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46

Firstly I'm aware everyone is different and the generalisation would never apply to bit from my limited experience and observations of these people Inget the impression they are quite lazy when compared to say Britain, Ireland, Germany and the United States.

Would anyone like to chime in with their experiences of these superbly tanned cultures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Minoxidil wrote: »
    Firstly I'm aware everyone is different and the generalisation would never apply to bit from my limited experience and observations of these people Inget the impression they are quite lazy when compared to say Britain, Ireland, Germany and the United States.

Would anyone like to chime in with their experiences of these superbly tanned cultures?

They're not as lazy as your generalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Lazy in what way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Yes, and dont forget smelly but also make better lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Eh......no, they're not. They manage their time well and when they work, they work hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

The Spanish sleep during the day.

Lazy bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Minoxidil

They're not as lazy as your generalisations.

Moo my hypothesis refers to the laziness on average of the French and Spanish. That is indeed esoteric and not generic. Groups of people do indeed differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would you care to chime in? What hypothsis for a start - you never presented one!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Having lived in Spain for the last 12 years I feel that I am qualified to comment on the laziness (or otherwise) of the natives.... however, my comments would probably earn me a site permaban.:p

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Would you care to chime in?

I chimed already.

I stated I believe they are lazier on average than a few named nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭seenitall

Things are done at a slower pace there. But that doesn't equal lazy. It could actually mean more attention to detail and thoroughness than here and in the UK. (In fact, I'm fairly sure that most times it does mean just that, but am loath to insult anyone inadvertently).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Moo my hypothesis refers to the laziness on average of the French and Spanish. That is indeed esoteric and not generic. Groups of people do indeed differ.

Ok then.

The answer is no. From my extensive experience with these nationalities, they're on average no more or less lazy than any nationality. Some individuals might be lazy, but no more than individuals of any other countries.

People in the hotter parts of Spain and Italy rest in the afternoon during the hottest parts of the year due to the excess heat and not due to laziness, a fact to which their working until later in the evening to make up for this long break testifies.

seenitall wrote: »
    Things are done at a slower pace there. But that doesn't equal lazy. It could actually mean more attention to detail and thoroughness than here and in the UK. (In fact, I'm fairly sure that most times it does mean just that, but am loath to insult anyone inadvertently).
    :D:D:D I'm sorry, but :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I chimed already.

I stated I believe they are lazier on average than a few named nations.

But you never said why you felt this.

I believe you're a lazy journalist working on a story: can I just leave it at that and assume you'll accept it as fact?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I was going to give you a considered reply but......

I can't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

nope, even though the French work much less hours the the Americans, it has been proven that they get the same amount of work done in a working week. They're more efficient than Americans.

Gosub wrote: »
    :D:D:D I'm sorry, but :D

No need to be sorry. You seem to be easily entertained, and that's a big plus for you! ;)

seenitall wrote: »
    No need to be sorry. You seem to be easily entertained, and that's a big plus for you! ;)
    Living with the Spanish, it's either laugh of explode with frustration... so I laugh.;)

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

But you never said why you felt this.

I believe you're a lazy journalist working on a story: can I just leave it at that and assume you'll accept it as fact?

The general level of furnishing and reduced standards of quality.

Gosub wrote: »
    Living with the Spanish, it's either laugh of explode with frustration... so I laugh.;)

I know exactly how you feel... In the past 7 years or so I've had dealings with all sorts of handymen fixing stuff around the place, so dealing with inexusably shoddy workmanship and lateness/dragging their feet or not giving a fig, on a regular basis.

I live in Ireland by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There is a (crap) French joke which goes: "Why should you never arrange a meeting with an Englishman on a Wednesday? Because you'll screw up TWO weekends of his." This is a joke based on the French belief that the English are lazy.

The Brits then turned it around because they were too lazy to think of something original, it then made it onto every British 70's/80's comedy show, and eventually, many, many years later on to Boards.ie.

Spanish people spend most of their daylight running from Bulls and throwing Tomatoes at each other, so on their days off, they are very tired. Most people don't see the Bulls or Tomatoes and just assume they're always tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The Congolese and Ghanians are lazier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

If you weren't so lazy you'd have read your post before submitting it and corrected the mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If a country was going to submit an application for the International Lazy ****ers Cup, but didn't bother submitting their application on time, therefore missing the deadline... then shouldn't they really be declared the winners?

Advertisement