Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Iceland (the frozen "food" people) racist/xenophobic?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

From the Indo -

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/uk-boss-of-frozen-food-chain-iceland-apologises-for-dismissive-slur-on-the-irish-29081312.html

"Iceland and our chief executive, Malcolm Walker, are deeply sorry for any offence caused by his TV interview last night," a company spokesman said.

"His comments were not intended to be disrespectful to the Irish people, including our many Irish customers, colleagues and suppliers, or to the Irish food safety authorities.

"We hold all of these in the very highest regard."

Mr Walker had been asked to explain why Iceland burgers passed British tests for equine DNA but failed the Irish tests.

He replied: "Well, that's the Irish, isn't it?"

Comments

I have to admit, I lolled.

vicwatson wrote: »
    From the Indo -

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/uk-boss-of-frozen-food-chain-iceland-apologises-for-dismissive-slur-on-the-irish-29081312.html

"Iceland and our chief executive, Malcolm Walker, are deeply sorry for any offence caused by his TV interview last night," a company spokesman said.

"His comments were not intended to be disrespectful to the Irish people, including our many Irish customers, colleagues and suppliers, or to the Irish food safety authorities.

"We hold all of these in the very highest regard."

Mr Walker had been asked to explain why Iceland burgers passed British tests for equine DNA but failed the Irish tests.

He replied: "Well, that's the Irish, isn't it?"

People can let him know how they feel about that remark with their wallets. I wouldn't give him any business.

Then again, I wouldn't eat anything out of Iceland if I could avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Lovley jubbley. I don't have to lose sleep about it tonight, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I can hear the sirens of the PC brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Time to go to war against Iceland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I believe we've already had this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement