Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free €5 For Adverts.ie

Options
  • 19-02-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

If you download the adverts.ie app today you get €5 free credit. Saw it advertised on daft. Just did it and it works.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Note, this only applies if you are downloading the app for the first time. It doesn't apply if you have previously had the app or are updating to the latest version

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

got the app now what?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh great... hope it's every bit as useless as the tenner I got free a few months back.

Who's the sap that pays to bump an ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Basq wrote: »
    Oh great... hope it's every bit as useless as the tenner I got free a few months back.

Who's the sap that pays to bump an ad?

Here here.....I miss the old adverts :(

Used to love using it back in the day, seemed to be much easier to sell, with a great community feel to it and bumping was done with a comment, not with €5!

• Advertisement

donmeister wrote: »
    with a great community feel to it and bumping was done with a comment, not with €5!
    Does replying to a comment not bump an ad anymore?

If not - there's a certain user (not naming names) who keeps selling the same tat over and over. Actually, he / she might be just re-creating the same ads again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    Note, this only applies if you are downloading the app for the first time. It doesn't apply if you have previously had the app or are updating to the latest version

Well that's a balls ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Basq wrote: »
    Does replying to a comment not bump an ad anymore?

If not - there's a certain user (not naming names) who keeps selling the same tat over and over. Actually, he / she might be just re-creating the same ads again and again.

Recreating the ad is the only way to get it back to the top these days for free.....or paying of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

madmoe wrote: »
    Recreating the ad is the only way to get it back to the top these days for free.....or paying of course!

Can you not still bump for free once it hits a month old? I did at the weekend anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I've noticed adverts go downhill recently. Much longer to sell items and stuff.

Normally things would sell quickly but now it seems to be pot luck, if it doesn't sell within an hour of being listed it is forgotten about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Earlier poster said it with the community spirit of old adverts, new one has people selling crap and also selling at profit after picking up BA's here.
    I still use it to both buy and sell but within the original spirit, shame really :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

jmcc99_98 wrote: »

Noticed alright you didn't get any free credit if you already had the app. I even tried to delete it and download it again.

Unfortunately there has been a big influx of timewasters, and also a few abusive people too on the site.

Pity really, as it's turning me away from there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Cash only no swaps

Anything in my ads?
    Anything in my ads?
    Would you trade for?
    Anything in my ads?
    Anything in my ads?
    Would you trade for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Cash only no swaps

Anything in my ads?
    Anything in my ads?
    Would you trade for?
    Anything in my ads?
    Anything in my ads?
    Would you trade for?

Looking for 120 euro.

Offer 15.

No thanks.

Ok np. Shur if ya changer ur mind let me know. Via PM.

Anyways, I do think this is a good BA, especially if you have something expensive to sell. Too bad I have the app already :(

This is one I posted late last year.. a free large suitcase - and do bear in mind that the ad specifically states:
    Not posting it anywhere, and not delivering it.

And let's look at the comments:
    i will take if u any time in Dublin.
    or Meath.
    hey!are you ever in dublin?
    R u ever in claremorris or castlebar or galway?
    you in donegal anytime over xmass?

And pretty much my reaction..

1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Is this not the same company as Boards.ie?

Advertisement