Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac 5 childcare

Options
  • 19-02-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Has anyone done or is anyone in the process of doing the fetac 5 in childcare. I'm starting a part time course next Wednesday and moral support is greatly needed. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its a very popular course and lots of people do it. When you say part time, how much time do you mean? If its just a one evening a week course you will only be tackling one module at a time so it will take a while to get through it, though it should not be too much pressure. Will you be doing all eight modules, including work experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicola777

Hi, Looksee.
    The course is every Wednesday night and one Saturday a month. We will be doing all eight modules and the course takes two years to complete. As far as work experience goes I actually got a job working in a creche back in December. It's for four hour a day five days a week. I have yet to start as the Garda check is taking ages to come through!
    Do you know if there are any book I need to get for this course?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Every provider has different ways of offering the course, but usually FETAC courses do not use many books, they tend to use notes provided by the tutors. There is one book in particular that they do tend to use, though I cannot give you exact details - I have only seen it, not used it. Don't worry about books for now though, you don't know which modules will be done first and there is every possibility that by the time you get to needing them you might be able to buy them secondhand when PLC courses finish in May/June.

With all FETAC courses, you need to keep up with the work and do the assignments as they come up, but the content is very manageable and practical. Good luck, its a very worthwhile course to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MeganC101

Hi I am doing a Fetac Level 5 course in Childcare and I love it. It is a great course and an opening door to college or employment.

Advertisement