Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy snowboarding gear

Options
  • 19-02-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best places in Dublin to buy decent snowboarding gear! Desperately in need of a new jacket, maybe new salopettes too if the price is right! Also if anyone knows of anywhere that has a good sale on at the moment that info would also be great cheers!

Have been to Tk Maxx in town and Swords and the Great Outdoors too and couldn't see anything so looking for some other options!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best places in Dublin to buy decent snowboarding gear! Desperately in need of a new jacket, maybe new salopettes too if the price is right! Also if anyone knows of anywhere that has a good sale on at the moment that info would also be great cheers!

Have been to Tk Maxx in town and Swords and the Great Outdoors too and couldn't see anything so looking for some other options!

I bought ski gear in Kildare Village a few years ago, it was good stuff and reasonably priced. I know it's not in Dublin, but it's not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ah good call, Kildare Village is definitely somewhere i'll check out! I didn't realise there was a shop that sold that kind of stuff out there! Is it just The North face or is there other brands too? And out of interest how much about did you wind up paying! Most of the stuff on their website is pricey enough!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Ah good call, Kildare Village is definitely somewhere i'll check out! I didn't realise there was a shop that sold that kind of stuff out there! Is it just The North face or is there other brands too? And out of interest how much about did you wind up paying! Most of the stuff on their website is pricey enough!

Wasn't North Face, there's an outdoors shop there called Tog24 which is where I got my stuff. No idea what I paid, but I got a jacket and several undershirts. I already had the rest.

http://www.kildarevillage.com/en/brands/item/tog-24

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Snow + Rock in Dundrum, 53 Degrees North in Carrickmines.

Both have good gear and both quite pricey.

Cheers for all the replys people! Most of the stores mentioned i have looked up online and yes they are quite pricey and more then what i was hoping to spend really! I got my last jacket for 70 quid in the sales a few years ago and it was great! I seen a site mentioned on a old thread here called www.blue-tomato.com
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the site at all as they have loads of gear and all reasonably priced! They sell through amazon too which makes me think that they're legit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I've bought gear from there, they are good but they only ship with UPS who in my experience are useless.

Don't buy gear from TK unless it is a recognised brand, I've seen numerous pants and jackets easily ripped.
    Snow+Rock, 53 Degrees and Northface kildare are all great.

Diemos wrote: »
    I've bought gear from there, they are good but they only ship with UPS who in my experience are useless.

Don't buy gear from TK unless it is a recognised brand, I've seen numerous pants and jackets easily ripped.
    Snow+Rock, 53 Degrees and Northface kildare are all great.

Cheers, i just ordered a jacket from Blue Tomato via Amazon there! Said i should expect my package any time up unitl the 2 of March but thats fine! As long as it is here before i head away again on the 15th! All those shops are so pricey though!

Advertisement