Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Rankings after Welsh Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I see Ronnie is placed 24th currently. Does this mean that if he wants to play in the Worlds that he has to just win one match? PP have him 8/1 if i remember correctly....

Who would you put money on Zack for the worlds? I know it's a very open championship and a winner can't be predicted easily.. Ali Carter is 22/1 I think €20 on him would be no harm..Then there is Trump, Higgins, Selby etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

I see Ronnie is placed 24th currently. Does this mean that if he wants to play in the Worlds that he has to just win one match? PP have him 8/1 if i remember correctly....

Who would you put money on Zack for the worlds? I know it's a very open championship and a winner can't be predicted easily.. Ali Carter is 22/1 I think €20 on him would be no harm..Then there is Trump, Higgins, Selby etc

Ronnie would go straight into the main draw as world champion and be seeded one. Unfortunately it's not going to happen but he'll be back next season.

As for having a punt, i hav'nt looked at the prices yet but Higgins for me is the fav, yes he's had a bad run recently but come Sheffield time he'll be up for the job.
    Robertson could be a decent each way bet, again he has'nt been having a good run lately but he's a grafter and he'll be in the mix or there about.

There is still a few more events before Sheffield inc two trips to China but as with most of the more recent World Championships the eventual winner never showed any form heading to Sheffield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

zack01 wrote: »
    Ronnie would go straight into the main draw as world champion and be seeded one. Unfortunately it's not going to happen but he'll be back next season.

As for having a punt, i hav'nt looked at the prices yet but Higgins for me is the fav, yes he's had a bad run recently but come Sheffield time he'll be up for the job.
    Robertson could be a decent each way bet, again he has'nt been having a good run lately but he's a grafter and he'll be in the mix or there about.

There is still a few more events before Sheffield inc two trips to China but as with most of the more recent World Championships the eventual winner never showed any form heading to Sheffield.

Regarding Ronnie i was looking online there and i see that the cut off for entry is mid Feb. I take it he has not put his name forward then..pity..I thought he was playing as he appeared in the PP list just recently @ 8/1..

I never thought of Robertson - He has to be peeled off the table so could be worth a punt, you may be right. I put €50 on him in 2009 to win it and never bothered to put money on him again in 2010 :mad: :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Good to see both Ken and Fergal back in the top 32 together

Advertisement