Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2 - Irish or International ??

Options
  • 19-02-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I probably should know this but when I select P2 for the June exam sitting on the ACCA website, should I choose Irish or UK or International variant??

I ordered my P2 book from Kaplan online and thats UK/International....

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

If you want to get an Audit cert in the future you need to do IRE, otherwise the international syllabus is slightly smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

If you don't do the Irish versions of the papers is there any other way of getting an audit cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

midlouth wrote: »
    If you don't do the Irish versions of the papers is there any other way of getting an audit cert?

Not currently to my knowledge once the exam was sat after December 2010(ish). But actually the additional material required for the Irish bit is quite manageable as far as I remember and only makes up 10-15% of the exam usually. And half those marks are for being able to say, under IFRS the treatment would be X, and then the other half of the marks is for contrasting with treatment under Irish GAAP. Or there could be a few bits re company law too, but I remember thinking it actually worked out better for me on the day as the Irish stuff was very doable compared to some of the general P2 stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

It should be very doable but I can't find anywhere that covers the Irish content that is part of the syllabus. The books printed are UK syllabus, I've asked lecturers and no one has been able to nail this down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

There is a document on the ACCA site called Guidance Notes for Irish Stream Students it details the difference between the UK and Irish syllabus for P2, they are minor and relate for the most part to tax treatments and some of the provisions of the Companies Act.

• Advertisement
Advertisement