Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole meeting tomorrow, Questions

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have dole meeting in the morning and have to prove to them that i am looking for work.
    Abit nervous as to what to tell them because I haven't been out looking for work because I have no work experience or education to put on a CV so seemed abit pointless.
    Would it be ok to tell them that all i want to do right now is focus on my finishing my education in the adult education centre (i left school at 15 without jc or lc, so doing it now at 21) and get my junior cert and do this airline course so i can get a certifite in airline training and recruitment to get a job in the dublin airport?
    Or do i really need to tell them that i was out looking for a work and sending in CV's which is a lie??
    please help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Looking for work is one of the conditions to get JB/JSA. If you did not look for work and have no proofs that you was looking for work, they probably cut you of.
    Why not look into the back to education shemes or any other way to continue your education ? They have people in SW who could advice you in the matter and how to finance it.
    You seem to be on the wrong sheme at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Tell them the truth. Otherwise you're stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

i think Gumbi your being a bit dramatic there!

How so? Taking something under false pretence surely falls under the definition of stealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Gumbi wrote: »
    How so? Taking something under false pretence surely falls under the definition of stealing.

More so fraud.

No need to worry about it op. Go in and tell them you are upskilling and furthering your education so you can get a job that is worth while to you.

• Advertisement

the op is a tricky situation and trying to do right by getting the education to allow him to get employement i think the last thing he needs is to be called a thief.

the op is a tricky situation and trying to do right by getting the education to allow him to get employement i think the last thing he needs is to be called a thief.
    I didn't call the OP a thief. I merely recommended the truth be told, or that the consequence would be that the OP would be stealing.

I read the OP's other thread and it seems like attending an adult education centre may count as looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

I dont..why not get a part time job a few hours a week..save us all a fortune!!!

eiredog wrote: »
    I have dole meeting in the morning and have to prove to them that i am looking for work.
    Abit nervous as to what to tell them because I haven't been out looking for work because I have no work experience or education to put on a CV so seemed abit pointless.
    Would it be ok to tell them that all i want to do right now is focus on my finishing my education in the adult education centre (i left school at 15 without jc or lc, so doing it now at 21) and get my junior cert and do this airline course so i can get a certifite in airline training and recruitment to get a job in the dublin airport?
    Or do i really need to tell them that i was out looking for a work and sending in CV's which is a lie??
    please help :(
    whatever happens tomorrow keep focused on getting your education and getting new skills to improve your chances of getting employment. i would def look into BTE courses.

I didn't call the OP a thief. I merely recommended the truth be told, or that the consequence would be that the OP would be stealing.

I read the OP's other thread and it seems like attending an adult education centre may count as looking for work.
    i think it would too if he got a letter off them to say he was attending there.

• Advertisement

DAZP93 wrote: »
    I dont..why not get a part time job a few hours a week..save us all a fortune!!!
    as the op is 21 i dont think he is even getting the full amount for ja, is there not reduced payments to people under 24?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

DAZP93 wrote: »

Getting jobs isn't a decision these days, they're hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eiredog

thanks guys for telling me your suggestions. it really helped. I think i'm just going to tell them the truth what feels right for me , i just want to focus on my education and get that done and do this airline course in april so i have something decent to put on my CV.
    seems abit pointless to hand in a CV with no work experience and no education. so want to focus on getting that first :)

eiredog wrote: »
    thanks guys for telling me your suggestions. it really helped. I think i'm just going to tell them the truth what feels right for me , i just want to focus on my education and get that done and do this airline course in april so i have something decent to put on my CV.
    seems abit pointless to hand in a CV with no work experience and no education. so want to focus on getting that first :)
    good luck to ya hope everything goes well for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

lahalane wrote: »
    Getting jobs isn't a decision these days, they're hard to find.

Plenty of no experience required customer service/sales roles going in Cork and Dublin atm.

If the OP is prepared to do any kind of work its out there for him to do..:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement