Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2010 issue

Options
  • 18-02-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Lads
    Need a bit of help as my outlook has stopped sending emails. I have not changed any settings but yet i get the error as attached. As far as I can tell it is not my host as I can still send and receive emails via the phone. I can send an email to myself which then will show up on my phone which I then fwd on to the person I need to send it to. Someone mentioned it may be a UPC issue as I use them as a BB provider for the house so I tried chaning the smtp outgoing server settings to theirs (smtp.upcmail.ie) but no joy. I have tried to do a roll back with Win7 but wont do it. Is there something I can do to solve this issue before I go down the road of reinstalling outlook. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Make sure SSL and authenication is turned off in the email account settings.

Failing this, try the same settings in Thunderbird (install it if you don't have it).

Have you tried using a different SMTP server altogether? There are loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Grumpy
    IT turns out it would seem to be an issue with UPC, when I changed my outgoing mail server to their one and left the tab unclicked it worked. Anyone have any idea why this happens? have been using the same settings in outlook for ages and have UPC about 6months. Just before the weekend it started.

Advertisement