Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space FM on 88.1 in Dublin

Options
  • 18-02-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Over the weekend, I came across a station (presumably a pirate) playing dance music on 88.1 around the southside of Dublin. Is this a return of the dance pirate from the early to mid '00s or is it just a coincidence of name, which can happen?

Edit: I heard it loud and clear tonight when I popped into my car to get a message.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

probably a coincidence of name, remember the one from the early 2000s, great station, would be nice if it does turn out to be the same people, best of look to it, the more the merrier i say

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I remember the old Space FM, 92.1.

2am listening in , some guy, the computer crashed, cue him talking on air the steps in getting the computer back on then playing. Shinny disco balls.

Became hooked on Space FM after that, but it was soon to vanish and never return. Ministry FM's operation was similar, never had the name but !

But no this Space FM is not the same at all, going on the 88.1 it's more than likely a Klub / Power operation .

Have to say, RTE Pulse need to be kept on air , there doing an excellent job. New stuff , old stuff and some wack stuff. No talking ****e either on it !

How do we get them to stay on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paul roche

Over the weekend, I came across a station (presumably a pirate) playing dance music on 88.1 around the southside of Dublin. Is this a return of the dance pirate from the early to mid '00s or is it just a coincidence of name, which can happen?

Edit: I heard it loud and clear tonight when I popped into my car to get a message.

Brilliant station, i have it on going to work, coming back from work, all the tunes bring back great memories, is it online????

paul roche wrote: »
    is it online????
    don't think so, i hope it will be though

Someone needs to sort out the audio , it's all over the place. I take it there using Breakaway for the audio, they must have the wrong buffer. It's clicking and popping every few seconds. Really annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

I have also just discovered this station recently and I absolutely love it. They have twice played a tune I have been trying to find the name of for years but because there is no way of contacting the station to ask I thought I'd try here. There isn't much lyric, it's a woman singing :
    ooh wooh oi
    one life, one love, one life, one spirit
    one life, one love, one love gotta be free yea

I know this is a bit naff but what else can I do, they played it around 8.30pm last night if anyone was listening

They have twice played a tune I have been trying to find the name of for years but because there is no way of contacting the station to ask I thought I'd try here. There isn't much lyric, it's a woman singing :
    ooh wooh oi
    one life, one love, one life, one spirit
    one life, one love, one love gotta be free yea

I know this is a bit naff but what else can I do, they played it around 8.30pm last night if anyone was listening
    the track your looking for is volcano let your body be free (haven't heard the station by the way as i'm outside dublin) but hopefully it will stream online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Space FM went off air on Friday afternoon (March 1st) and has not been on the air since

have they come back on sinse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Perhaps there gone to the dark side in a Galaxy far far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

bring back real80s badly missed on radio

Advertisement