Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Samurai Sword for Costume.

Options
  • 18-02-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hey - I am throwing a Tarantino Themed party for my husband's 30th and he is going as Butch from Pulp Fiction. I'd love to find him a replica/fake samurai sword for his costume. Not something plastic though. Something real looking and feeling but not at all sharp.

How much would something like that cost - and do you know any websites or shops in Dublin that might be able to help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Check the chinese shops on capel street that sell all the ornaments and cheap tack, they might have a cheap relica. Mullens on capel street might have some cheapo replicas too.

Or try a site like barringtons

https://www.barringtons-swords.com/samurai_swords.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

hcass wrote: »
    Hey - I am throwing a Tarantino Themed party for my husband's 30th and he is going as Butch from Pulp Fiction. I'd love to find him a replica/fake samurai sword for his costume.
    Id rather walk in with a french girl on my arm than the sword :p

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

It'd probably cost less!

Thanks Bambi - will check out the shops on Capel street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

didn't legislation change to say something like walking around town with a samurai source is now an offense?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

magicherbs wrote: »
    didn't legislation change to say something like walking around town with a samurai source is now an offense?

Who said anything about walking around town? And - who the hell does that anyway? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

hcass wrote: »

Who said anything about walking around town? And - who the hell does that anyway? :eek:

No but it is an offence to import or sell such swords that are not traditional pieces or made in a traditional manner. So might not be too easy finding a shop with them?

Youre also suppose to have a good reason to import - martial artist, reinactment etc... Perhaps you fall under reinactment???

Best off buying a cheaper unsharpened "traditionally made" model from a UK website for fast enough delivery. (Usually have postage options) should be able to pick up something for €80 if you look around online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Failing that, there's always the gimp suit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Failing that, there's always the gimp suit

I have one you can borrow... XL, just need to clean it first....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dipti

It is quite an intelligent decision that you are going for a replica samurai sword rather than purchasing a real samurai sword for the party. Definitely replica one are cheaper ($29 approx) than the original one when you will compare in between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

This thread is from February 2013... unless she was planning extremely far ahead, I'm guessing her husband already had his 30th birthday party

• Advertisement
Advertisement