Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole JSA, Help

Options
  • 18-02-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,
    i'm a 21 year old girl, I left school at 15 years old because of my social anxiety, i just couldn't handle the change from primary school and the crowds in secondary school and now been diagnosed with a eating disorder anyway, I left school without any qualifcations from school. I've been into youthreach to try get some kind of education but had to leave that because of bullying.
    I've always had a hard time trying to get some kind of education in my life, education is the most important tthing to me right now because I feel so behind on life and just want to enjoy life already.
    I'm on job seekers allowance at the moment. I've been attending the adult education centre where they help you get your education as an adult so now I've been desperately trying to get my Junior cert and Leaving cert and hopefully go to college afterwards, right now my biggest problem is that i got a letter from the dole to come to a meeting to prove to them that i'm genuinly looking for work and I dont know what to do because I have nothing to put on my CV such as work experience and education because I've never had a job before and currently trying to get my education done at the moment so I don't know what to explain to them that i am looking for work.
    All i really want to do right now is focus on my getting my education done, I've been searching the web for courses to do and I've found a course that i'm really interested in and i would really like to do it and afterwards try apply for a job at the Dublin airport.
    So i am asking for some advice or help on what to do. Please.
    Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Could you get a letter from the adult education centre to prove you are attending classes? Doing a course is just as acceptable as applying for jobs as far as I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement