Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music

Options
  • 18-02-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding the Music course in TCD, as a single honours/TSM. I have both courses on my CAO and I really have my heart set on studying music at TCD. The entrance exam, however, is the first hurdle that must be overcome, and it is something that worries me greatly. I do not have much formal music education, other than the Leaving and Junior Certificate courses, i.e. I never took any grade examinations.
    My knowledge of classical music, therefore, is quite limited, so it worries me that due to my lack of a classical music background, I will not be a suitable candidate for the course. I am terrified that I will not make the cut, although I am able to identify all of the intervals, inversions etc., that are on the exam.
    Does anyone currently studying Music have any light to shed on the matter? Will my little knowledge of classical music put me at risk of not being accepted in to the course, or do many of the music students come from similar backgrounds?
    Thanks.

Advertisement