Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA help

Options
  • 18-02-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone I'm just looking for some advice. I filed my first claim for JSA in the first week in December, a few days I came back with my forms and a week after that I signed on for the first time. However I have been just signing on once a month ever since. I've noticed people mentioning interviews here but I haven't got an interview. The last time I signed on in mid January I was told I could claim an advance from my community centre. What does this entail? Would they give a back-dated claim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

While your waiting for your claim for JSA to be processed you can claim Suppplementary Welfare Allowance, SWA, which is means tested. You contact the CWO, community welfare officer at your local health centre.

If your claim for JSA is approved payment should date from the day you first made the claim, and any money paid via the SWA will be deducted from the arrears of JSA.

Advertisement