Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What renovation of old house is possible for 30000

Options
  • 18-02-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, 

I realise that this is a very open question but I'd like to put it out there anyway. I have inherited a small old house three bedrooms all tiny, kitchen, bathroom sitting room, a small built on small extension with corregated roof and two tiny cow/dog sheds attached. The whole building is no bigger than approx 1000sq ft. There is no heating in the house.  There is a decent roof and insulation. There is a pump to a spring which is where the water comes from. My relation was living in it up to last year so internally, it is dry and lived in? I would like to renovate to make this property rentable unfortunately I feel that my budget of 30,000 is a bit low. In your opinion, what would be possible for this money. Oh yes, the windows will need to be changed . Any suggestions, recommendations welcome?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

........... to make this property rentable ............

to see the standard required refer to here theres a checklist you can work from to create a rough schedule of works.

when you offer it for rent it will obviously have to be assessed and given a building energy rating.

Advertisement