Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Accounting course/module would help me as an Accounts Assistant?

Options
  • 18-02-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have done the first five ACA (Chartered Accounting exams) last year. I could not do anymore this year for time reasons. Now, I would like to do a practical Accounting module that would help me to become an Assistant Accountant or Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator.

I was thinking of doing the ACCA Financial Reporting module?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MelSA

Hi,

It's best to the do accounting technican qualification or the Diploma in Foundations Accounting.

I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dublin356

If you go onto education sites they often give you a chance to contact the colleges for more info.

For example

http://www.nightcourses.com/profiles/acca/

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

IATI should help you on that one. There is no point in joining ACCA and not going for qualification for either ACA or ACCA. You can qualify as an IATI technician within 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaholeung62

What is accounting technician and assistant accountant? Should a person whose looking for trainee accountant apply for those jobs to get working experience if can't get any job at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭thomlin

I would advise you to approach the recruitment agencies/employers and let them know you have completed the CAP1 part of the ACA qualification to date and explain to them that what you have already is more than or at the least equal to a qualified accounting technician with the ATI.

If you had completed the ATI and then went onto do ACA you would only have been exempt from 3 of the subjects provided you got the right results in your exams.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement