Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Perfect 10

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheers mate! I'm thinking about leaving Vodafone as the 1GB cap is kinda limiting. Any suggestions for who would be the best to change to? I'm more interested in the data side of thing and having it as cheap as possible!

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's not bad actually.. are 10c calls both peak and off-peak?

Doesn't seem to mention it in FAQ

Great, thanks for taking the time to outline that! If I top up on-line with 3 every month do I get an extra amount of credit to spend each month do you know mate? Also, I assume texts to all mobiles in Ireland all the time are free?

Much appreciated,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

Fantastic! I'm currently on a Vodafone corporate account but it's a minimum €26 per month and I get charged for international texts and calls to 1890 numbers. Dunno what the situation is with 3 and international texts\1890 numbers?

I went over my 1GB data last month and my bill ended up costing me €41!! There would be no way in hell I'd go over the 3GB on 3......what are their speeds like in Dublin?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I moved to three last year and it is great value but I never got any extra credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sweetie wrote: »
    I moved to three last year and it is great value but I never got any extra credit?

I do my wifes top ups online and she always gets credit

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Just to compare:

I'm a light user of phones, but now having a smart phone one needs a data package. I'm currently with Tesco and most of the time €10 covers me for the month. From the €10, I purchase their 1GB 30 day bundle, and then with the remaining €13 credit it covers me for voice calls. (did I say I was a light user!!)

Just to let you know their data bandwidth isnt the best, so it depends ones use of the phone I guess.

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just to compare:

I'm a light user of phones, but now having a smart phone one needs a data package. I'm currently with Tesco and most of the time €10 covers me for the month. From the €10, I purchase their 1GB 30 day bundle, and then with the remaining €13 credit it covers me for voice calls. (did I say I was a light user!!)

Just to let you know their data bandwidth isnt the best, so it depends ones use of the phone I guess.

W.

Also Tesco use the 02 network which I find is much better than 3 or meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I noticed this offer, not sure its great because its 10c per min, only when you top up by €10. Also you don't get any bonus credit with this SIM, so no 50% extra credit for life, you get that with the other Prepay plans from €20 topup ...
    Q. Can I get bonus credit with Perfect10?
    There is no bonus credit offer with Perfect10

http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=emdev,Company={8C5A3413-D734-4C47-9016-F9EBD3B87D94},case=Perfect10

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

If you have credit left over at the end of the month - what happens to it?

I do my wifes top ups online and she always gets credit

My mate told me he always tops up online and gets extra every month with 3 because of topping up online.....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Just to compare:

W.

whowantstwoknow you'll have to explain this to me a bit better - How much in total are you spending a month for calls and data? Where does the remaining €13 credit come from if you are only spending €10?

I need to get a cheap smartphone hence the reason for asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

If it's any help this is what I'm on.

Emobile Select 100, 18 month contract, nice cheap smartphone.

Per month

100 mins
    100 texts
    300 webtexts
    Free landline calls
    1GB Data

19 euro per month

This package suits me perfectly. Unlimited free landline calls is such a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Weyhey wrote: »
    whowantstwoknow you'll have to explain this to me a bit better - How much in total are you spending a month for calls and data? Where does the remaining €13 credit come from if you are only spending €10?

I need to get a cheap smartphone hence the reason for asking.
    With Tesco, if you top up by €10 you get double credit i.e. €20. Pay €6.99 for data, leaves you with €13. Your bonus €10 euro only lasts for the month though so use it or lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

madmoe wrote: »
    Fantastic! I'm currently on a Vodafone corporate account but it's a minimum €26 per month and I get charged for international texts and calls to 1890 numbers. Dunno what the situation is with 3 and international texts\1890 numbers?

I went over my 1GB data last month and my bill ended up costing me €41!! There would be no way in hell I'd go over the 3GB on 3......what are their speeds like in Dublin?

Cheers,
    M

If you have an android smart phone use 24sms either as an App or you can send texts online via your laptop/pc or browser on your smart phone.

As for 1890 numbers I use saynoto1890.com as we use UPC for our landline and like you I get charged for ringing them on my mobile. You get a 'proper' landline number and so can ring from your mobile.

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    If you have an android smart phone use 24sms either as an App or you can send texts online via your laptop/pc or browser on your smart phone.

As for 1890 numbers I use saynoto1890.com as we use UPC for our landline and like you I get charged for ringing them on my mobile. You get a 'proper' landline number and so can ring from your mobile.

Good stuff! To be fair I usually use Cabbage to reply and send messages to my international friends. Is 24sms better? Can one send MMS messages from it?

I still think there is better value for me to be had with 3 although we get very good rates on handsets here with Vodafone.....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Looks like I was mistaken, (or have they changed the offer?) the 10c per minute rate applies all the time, even without top up. A €10 top up gets you free landline calls for 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

madmoe wrote: »
    Good stuff! To be fair I usually use Cabbage to reply and send messages to my international friends. Is 24sms better? Can one send MMS messages from it?

I still think there is better value for me to be had with 3 although we get very good rates on handsets here with Vodafone.....

Cheers,
    M

My understanding with Cabbage was it used your on-line texts and seeing as eMobile do not allow international online texts it didn't work for me. I've never sent MMS via 24sms, what I would do is DM (direct message, they have to be a follower) people on twitter with pictures and that would cost nothing. Downside is people had to have data switched on to use twitter.

One snag with 24sms is that it can override your phones messaging system and open when ever you get a text. This happens with some phones, one way around this would be to only install it when you need to send messages. The handy thing about 24sms is the other person does not have to have data switched on to get a text or send you one back, unlike viber.

To be honest nowadays I tend to either use twitter or facebook messenger when 'texting' with friends out of the country.

If you can send international online texts for free then I'd say use Cabbage, 24sms is handy for eMobile users.

Another handy app is mightytext which allows you to send and get texts via laptop/PC if you've left your phone at home or you simply want to send texts to friend if you yourself are overseas, again it uses your online texts from your provider.

• Advertisement

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    My understanding with Cabbage was it used your on-line texts and seeing as eMobile do not allow international online texts it didn't work for me. I've never sent MMS via 24sms, what I would do is DM (direct message, they have to be a follower) people on twitter with pictures and that would cost nothing. Downside is people had to have data switched on to use twitter.

One snag with 24sms is that it can override your phones messaging system and open when ever you get a text. This happens with some phones, one way around this would be to only install it when you need to send messages. The handy thing about 24sms is the other person does not have to have data switched on to get a text or send you one back, unlike viber.

To be honest nowadays I tend to either use twitter or facebook messenger when 'texting' with friends out of the country.

If you can send international online texts for free then I'd say use Cabbage, 24sms is handy for eMobile users.

Another handy app is mightytext which allows you to send and get texts via laptop/PC if you've left your phone at home or you simply want to send texts to friend if you yourself are overseas, again it uses your online texts from your provider.

Thanks for all that mate....must look Mightytext up :-)

M

Advertisement