Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of home while on JSA

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently living at home and receiving €77 on JSA at the moment.

I wish to move in to Galway City as I have a couple of volunteer roles in there that take up some time so it'd be easier on me physically and mentally to move in. I've probably got a better chance of finding part time work out there too.

Obviously, €77 isn't enough for independent living and I'd still have to come home to sign on and collect payment.

If I was to move in to the City, could I change my welfare office to one in Galway and would I be entitled to more money? How does rent allowance work and why do many landlords not accept it?

Thanks
    Mars Bar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Regarding the JSA. Any means that were on the claim from your parents would be removed. Then what you get after that will depend on your age. Over 25 €188, €144 for 22-24 and €100 for 18 to 21.

Rent allowance, you will have to live independently for 6 months before you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Rent allowance, you will have to live independently for 6 months before you can get it.[/QUOTE]

OR

Have been assessed by your local authority as having a housing need eg if you are involuntary sharing with parents or are homeless

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Regarding the JSA. Any means that were on the claim from your parents would be removed. Then what you get after that will depend on your age. Over 25 €188, €144 for 22-24 and €100 for 18 to 21.

Rent allowance, you will have to live independently for 6 months before you can get it.

Thank you!

OR

Have been assessed by your local authority as having a housing need eg if you are involuntary sharing with parents or are homeless

Involuntary sharing with your parents? How do they define that?

Advertisement