Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

btwea

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

I am doing an interview for a fas job of about 18 hrs a week,I am also in the process of trying to get a business started.The Btwea would be an integral scheme for me on starting up.
    if I get this job which I think I have a good chance of,will this mean I will not qualify to go on the Btwea when I set up my company?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

tipptom wrote: »
    I am doing an interview for a fas job of about 18 hrs a week,I am also in the process of trying to get a business started.The Btwea would be an integral scheme for me on starting up.
    if I get this job which I think I have a good chance of,will this mean I will not qualify to go on the Btwea when I set up my company?

If you get the job you would not be entitled to BTWEA as you would no longer be unemployed and therefore no longer eligible to apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Op, if it's a CE scheme you'll still qualify. If not, you're shooting yourself in the foot by taking an 18-hr a week job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It is a CE scheme guys,but looking at the btwea site it does not mention anything about eleigibility if you are in a CE scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

tipptom wrote: »
    It is a CE scheme guys,but looking at the btwea site it does not mention anything about eleigibility if you are in a CE scheme.

I think your in luck....See 2.2/1 on the link below..

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Work-Enterprise-Allowance-Self-Employed.aspx

2.2 Other Qualifying Periods

Periods spent on full-time FÁS/Fáilte Ireland training courses, Community Employment, Social Economy Programme, Rural Social Scheme, FIT, FÁS Job Initiative, National Internship, WPP, TÚS and BTEA/VTOS, count towards the qualifying period provided they are preceded by a qualifying payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I think your in luck....See 2.2/1 on the link below..

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Work-Enterprise-Allowance-Self-Employed.aspx

2.2 Other Qualifying Periods

Periods spent on full-time FÁS/Fáilte Ireland training courses, Community Employment, Social Economy Programme, Rural Social Scheme, FIT, FÁS Job Initiative, National Internship, WPP, TÚS and BTEA/VTOS, count towards the qualifying period provided they are preceded by a qualifying payment.
    Thanks for that link MrFrisp,i think it appears from the link that I would be ok.At the interview today,and they were not sure about that situation as they said I would be employed by their company and they would be paying a stamp for me.I just wanted to be sure that I would be ok to leave the CE scheme to start the business when it was good to go,and not get hit by the bombshell that I would not be eligible for the BTWEA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement