Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Sticks

Options
  • 18-02-2013 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

My mum would has been getting very unsure on her feet in recent months. She resists anything that indicates she is getting older. We have a confirmation coming up and a few other family events and i would like to get her a walking stick.

Where is there a good selection of waking sticks / walking aids? I would like to get something light and adjustable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

If you are in Dublin, I've seen really nice ones in Weir's on Grafton Street. I'd ring first though as its quite a while since I've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The first couple of sticks we got were from The Great Outdoors, hiking sticks but because they wern't "Hospital sticks" she grudgingly started using them. After a couple of months she started to see the benifit of them and we moved onto other sticks.
    Found a folding stick somewhere (sorry, can't remember where but will try to find out) thats become her pride and joy. It folds up into her bag and snaps open when she wants it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My mum has one of those fold up sticks - black with little flowers - unfortunately she has moved past walking sticks now but she used it for years and it was very attractive. I have seen them on line. http://verko.co.uk/index.php/walking-sticks.html?gclid=CKSAsoXZv7UCFUEe4QodEAwAuQ

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

looksee wrote: »
    My mum has one of those fold up sticks - black with little flowers - unfortunately she has moved past walking sticks now but she used it for years and it was very attractive. I have seen them on line. http://verko.co.uk/index.php/walking-sticks.html?gclid=CKSAsoXZv7UCFUEe4QodEAwAuQ

Thanks very much, some great options there.

Advertisement