Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap cigerettes Paris

Options
  • 18-02-2013 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Ok, so I am going to paris for a few days soon. I was wondering how i could save money on smokes. I often see people with sleeves/cartons of silk cut purple and i hear they are the cheapest. I know nothing about this really, should I get them in Paris or in either Airport. If anyone as experience with this please share the knowledge. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

There about €5.75 a pack and you can only buy them in the "Tabac" shops (usually a shop attached to a bar)...I normally buy them in the airport goin home by the carton of 200

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭robin321

pebbles21 wrote: »
    There about €5.75 a pack and you can only buy them in the "Tabac" shops (usually a shop attached to a bar)...I normally buy them in the airport goin home by the carton of 200

Thanks for the info, so let me clear this up. How much is a carton, and what brands are available, I'm guessing you can't get John Player Blue. And you just buy them in any shop in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

robin321 wrote: »

Thanks for the info, so let me clear this up. How much is a carton, and what brands are available, I'm guessing you can't get John Player Blue. And you just buy them in any shop in the airport?
    A carton of 200 is around €57...you buy them in the duty free shop in the airport after you go through security...you wont get JP Blue but if you buy the blue lambert and butler cigs ..they are the excact same cig...just branded differently for the european market..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Try a trip to Portugal.
    Marlboro are 42euro a carton.
    Spain are 44 euro and Italy 46euro.

Last years/Christmas prices. Probably haven't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

about €60 in the duty free in Paris, about €6 in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Sadderday wrote: »
    about €60 in the duty free in Paris, about €6 in the shops.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

?
    Should have been
    Sadderday wrote: »
    about €60 for a carton of 200 in the duty free in Paris, about €6 for a pack of 20 in the shops.

Advertisement