Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC NUJ strike

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

24 hour job.....no Today programme.

Not happy with re-deployment processes I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭serfboard

Heard all this stuff ... although there was a great episode (repeat?) of start the week on this morning ... funny and interesting ...

It's annoying though ... what are we all supposed to listen to as our alternative to RTE/Newstalk? Ended up listening to Al-Jazeera this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its at times like this you realise just how important Auntie is! That said the fill ins might be stuff you otherwise not hear.

(and anything that curtails Stephen Nolan isn't all bad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Balls! No Eddie Mair today..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

NPR is also great for quality talk radio in the absence of the Beeb, thats what I'm listening to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

tbh wrote: »
    Balls! No Eddie Mair today..

I love Eddie! :D

Don't often get the chance to listen these days, unfortunately.

I hope The Archers isn't being affected by all of this! ;)

sudzs wrote: »
    I love Eddie! :D

Don't often get the chance to listen these days, unfortunately.

I hope The Archers isn't being affected by all of this! ;)

It was on this afternoon as normal, hopefully the repeat won't be affected :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Archers? Oh dear.

mike65 wrote: »
    Archers? Oh dear.
    Listen to it every day for five days - you'll be converted, I promise :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought Today sounded a bit strange this morning, but the replacement stuff kept me interested anyway.

Have always been curious about the popularity of the Archers - never checked it out, though. Might delve into the archives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

mike65 wrote: »
    Archers? Oh dear.

You sound just like Peggy Woolley! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Thought Today sounded a bit strange this morning, but the replacement stuff kept me interested anyway.

Have always been curious about the popularity of the Archers - never checked it out, though. Might delve into the archives.

Subscribe to the podcast

Advertisement