Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole Position : any version other than the arcade worth playing ?

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys. I love Pole Position. Loved it back in the 80's in the arcade in Curracloe (wexford).

So sure you can play it in MAME but the controls suck. Is there any good port of the game or is the only good way to play it either the original or MAME with spinner and wheel connection ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Atari 2600 port is one of the nicest looking games I've ever seen on that console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Looks pretty nice. I am thinking of getting a spinner and wheel from groove game gear ... http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=268&zenid=2ea84848a9e399d40b1434705e361ec7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is an interesting version on the ipod classic, of all places, you use the touch pad to steer, looks great though the controls are tricky to learn.
    The 7800 version is good too.

You could overclock the 2600 version on an emulator and pretend you are in D.A.R.Y.L. !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

I used to love this game on Commodore 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

So I bought the spinner and wheel combo from groovy game gear.... http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=268

It's in transit but been in irish customs since the 26th. "Your item is being processed by customs in IRELAND at 3:55 pm on February 26, 2013."

Any ideas as to how long it could be there ? I paid extra for shipping ffs :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I always had a soft spot for the Atari 8 bit version myself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

loligo1 wrote: »
    I used to love this game on Commodore 64.
    Me too, a lot of people had it on cart backwhen, but I don't think it's all that great a game compared to, say, Pitstop.

Advertisement