Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation of some hand written text

Options
  • 17-02-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Hey guys! Hope this isn't frowned upon on here.

I collect videogames and many of them are Japanese. However, only a few have had written stuff on them.

One of my arcade games (Shock Troopers) had hand writing all over the box. Would love to know what it says if someone has the ability to translate :)

It might be something really mundane (like the name of the arcade operator) but still, would be interesting to know!

DSC_0046_zpsd8f3e0b6.jpg

There's also a tiny little bit of writing on the spine

DSC_0047_zpsbe49c378.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't wanna say in case I get it wrong, but God I looked awfully stupid trying to read that upside down and now I have a headache with all the blood gone to my head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I thought it was upside down, but I then flipped the picture and that looked upside down too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

The big (upside-down) writing on the front of the box says:
    福井へかえる事
    Fukui e kaeru koto = returning to Fukui*
    *Fukui is the name of a city and a prefecture. It might also be a person's name, I don't know.

マジカルドロップ
    Magical drop

So, there's your translation. But what does it mean?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, the Shock Troopers box was once repurposed as a return vessel for a copy of Magical Drop, and sent to Fukui.... easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, the Shock Troopers box was once repurposed as a return vessel for a copy of Magical Drop, and sent to Fukui.... easy!

Maybe it was accidentally shipped with Magical Drop and sent back to Fukui for the shock troopers cart?

Thanks for the translation hibby! Another one of life's mysteries solved :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement