Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIP/QFA recognition

Options
  • 17-02-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have started a job in insurance recently and as part of it I have to do the CIP and the company are paying for it. I also want to do the QFA but I am wondering if there is any cross recognition if I get the CIP? Only reason I ask is I know people who have a QFA can do an extra module called "insurance for QFAs" and I presume this gives them some sort of insurance qualification. Does the same apply for the CIP?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

the CIP is requied in order to meet the minimum competancy requirements (MCC) of the cental bank to work in general or commercial insurance. The QFA covers you for MCC for other areas but not personal or general insurance therefore depending on what exacty you are working at will depend on what you need to qualify at. If you are in general or commercial insurance you will have to get the CIP and as far as I am aware there is no link between CIP and QFA but I am open to correction.

The insurance institute of ireland www.iii.ie have all the details you need on the CIP

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved to Distance & Part-time Education.

Advertisement