Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a nhl team

Options
  • 17-02-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭

If you had the money to buy one of the nhl teams with would it be?

I would love to buy either the rangers or the ducks. If I got the ducks I would go back to the mighty ducks. Its the logo everyone knows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Penguins... And would force Mario Lemieux to play again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Izy wrote: »
    Penguins... And would force Mario Lemieux to play again :D

How much would you be welling to pay him to play again?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

As much as it takes! By a mile the best hockey player to ever lace a pair of skates! And yes that includes 99. An amazing documentary about Mario on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

The Rangers for obvious reasons. If not I would go for the Panthers, just for the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Coyotes and move!

Something really bugs me about the idea of playoff hockey when it's 95 degrees outside of the arena...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Izy wrote: »
    As much as it takes! By a mile the best hockey player to ever lace a pair of skates! And yes that includes 99. An amazing documentary about Mario on YouTube.

He's in the Top Three, but I wouldn't put him ahead of Gretzky. I saw them both play in their prime. Gretzky is the Greatest.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Coyotes and move!

Something really bugs me about the idea of playoff hockey when it's 95 degrees outside of the arena...

Not to mention the issues with the quality of ice at that time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Not to mention the issues with the quality of ice at that time of the year.

Is it Nashville where the arena isn't airtight and essentially has players running around on slush during the playoffs?

tolosenc wrote: »
    Is it Nashville where the arena isn't airtight and essentially has players running around on slush during the playoffs?

The biggest issue is the warm. moist air getting into the arena and then crystallizing on the ice. You don't get the clean sheet that you are looking for, so you are constantly 'shaving the ice' taking away from it's quality as well.

I know that a lot of the NHL arenas will have double/triple doors coming in off of their loading docks. They need to isolate the air in these pockets as for it to be cooled/dried/not reach the 'inner bowl' areas of the arenas.

I've been to the arena in Nashville a few times, but have not been behind the scenes. I'll have to ask about it at the next opportunity.

Advertisement