Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craig Doyle on 2fm

Options
  • 17-02-2013 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

This is a thread to discuss Craig Doyle on 2fm all next week 9 till 11 filling in for Ryan Tubs.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

'Mega' might be over-egging it a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

'Mega' might be over-egging it a bit...
    A bit???? 2fm is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubridy's radio show is a bit like Mike Scott's band at this stage... They should just kill the show and give somebody new a go, somebody who is willing to discuss bring a bit of personality to the show.. It's cringeworthy listening to him playing dodgeball with even the most minor questions about his personal life..

Maybe even give Doyle a bit of a run at it for a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

And so continues John mcMahons fetish for tv personalities on the radio !??!! To say that doyle is wooden would be an understatement, mind you to say that McMahon knows what he's doing with 2FM is an overstatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Thanks for starting the thread OP, I know to avoid 2fm between 9-11 for this week. Had developed a slight tolerance for listening to Tubridy, say for about 20 mins to 30 mins at a time, but Craig Doyle :eek:....Christ on a bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,312 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Note to self: must e-mail Noel Kelly and ask to get on his books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Craig Doyle will be eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PODboy

2fm continues to be an embarrassment - watch its listenersip fall into oblivion.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Tubridy's radio show is a bit like Mike Scott's band at this stage... They should just kill the show and give somebody new a go, somebody who is willing to discuss bring a bit of personality to the show.. It's cringeworthy listening to him playing dodgeball with even the most minor questions about his personal life..

Maybe even give Doyle a bit of a run at it for a few weeks?

How is it like The Waterboys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

It's bad enough that some newspapers deem this 2 day event newsworthy, it really didn't need a thread of it's own.

p.s. op seems to have disappeared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

who is doyle blackmailing? cos i can't for the life of me explain his presence on tv/radio any other way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks for starting the thread OP, I know to avoid 2fm between 9-11 for this week.

You don't have to avoid it all week if you don't like Doyle... it's only for 2 days.

http://radionation.ie/2013/02/doyle-to-deputise-for-tubridy/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

I know to avoid 2fm between 9-11 for this week.
    I avoid 2FM every week!

I listened to it lately for the first time in years when they switched Sport @ 7 (or whatever they call it) from Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

heybaby wrote: »
    And so continues John mcMahons fetish for tv personalities on the radio !??!!

Isn't Doyle already an established DJ in the UK and it was radio where he first started ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I thought he did pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

rovert wrote: »
    So did I and I usually can't stand him. He was engaging and also quite polished. You would know that he has a bit of previous experience of being on the wireless alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Isn't Doyle already an established DJ in the UK and it was radio where he first started ?

Yep!
    rovert wrote: »

So did I! I thought he was just as good as Tubridy, if not better!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Thanks for starting the thread OP, I know to avoid 2fm between 9-11 for this week. Had developed a slight tolerance for listening to Tubridy, say for about 20 mins to 30 mins at a time, but Craig Doyle :eek:....Christ on a bike!

I don't mind admitting when I get things wrong and from the bit I heard this morning (someone else's car radiio) I think I did get it wrong, Craig Doyle wasn't that bad! I think I need a drink now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Doyle certainly promoted himself well,he said the irish times had a piece in it and wanted to say thanks to them about it.

Then he went on to say im going to say hello to everyone in my family over the next two days..

He ran away with himself tbh,i turned it off after 15 mins,wonder what happened with dave fanning not sitting in as per norm..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Radio Tara wrote: »
    This is a thread to discuss Craig Doyle on 2fm all next week 9 till 11 filling in for Ryan Tubs.

Tubs is back in the morning actually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement