Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 49D

Options
  • 17-02-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

hi all looking for some help...... I have the 61 call engineer battery fault so followed the great advice and step by step instructions in other posts to see the battery and what size so I can get a new one tomorrow but after putting everything back together ( numerous times checking all connections) the panel doesn't work but all the infrared sensors are on ( flashing red). Any ideas ? Everything else in the fuse board is working no fuses gone just no power at the alarm panel ? Any help would be great
    Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try power it up on just the battery & then just the mains power.
    Also check that the battery cables are not squashed between the PCB board & the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Thanks koolkid
    I will try that
    Cheers
    Joe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Also when you power it up on the mains is the orange neon coming on?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Koolkid
    haven't got back to check out inside the panel yet but the light isn't coming on when the mains is on.
    cheers
    joe

Have you checked the mains fuse on the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

I know this is a long shot....I've moved to a new house and it has a 49D installed. Unbelievably its working. I was looking at installing Konnected interface for remote monitoring and arm/disarm. Just wondering if anyone knows whether its possible to program any of the contacts to arm/disarm the alarm? TIA

Advertisement