Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoover Nextra megaload dryer has no power

Options
  • 17-02-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    im looking to get this fixed as out dryer has no power. I have checked the fuse but its not that. Im asking here as Ive had appliance electricians come to the house before to try and fix our dish washer but to no avail and felt that I got ripped off. Ideally we are looking for someone who will be able to fix the Candy dishwasher (model: CDI 1012) and the tumble dryer (Hoover Nextra Megsa load 7.5kg condersor).
    Any advice would be welcomed but PLEASE no recommendations for shiesters. We are in dublin 15
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

As your two appliances are from the same group Hoover/Candy why dont you ring them and you will have a guaranteed repair by an engineer who is familiar with the products with one call out fee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hi all, i tried locating a contact for Hoover/Candy repairs in Ireland but could only find the UK contact details. Do they carry out repairs here in Ireland or will I have to contact a third party appliance repairer?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Is the Tumble dryer plugged into a normal 3pin socket. You said you checked the fuse (was this on the plug ?) or could it have tripped the RCB ? If a 3 pin socket have you tried plugging in any other electrical appliance ie hair dryer see if it works ?

How old is the dishwaster . Power city selling your model for €286 including 1 year labour and 5 years parts.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

hi all, i tried locating a contact for Hoover/Candy repairs in Ireland but could only find the UK contact details. Do they carry out repairs here in Ireland or will I have to contact a third party appliance repairer?
    Cheers
    0818 200021 is the customer care line for Hoover/Candy.

http://www.electricalretailers.ie/Service.html is a handy page for Contact numbers for various brands.

okay so I rang hoover/candy and i was just quoted 120€ for a call out for the first appliance and 67€ for the second... they could both be looked at by the same engineer that they send out. Is it just me or is this disgraceful? 190 approx to potentially tell me i need two new appliances, or at least to sell me the parts i need?
    as stated above, to buy the dishwasher new is 280€ with a years warranty...

any ideas on a less expensive approach?
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

It is disgraceful and if they are like miele they will charge you again if they have to come back to fit a new part if one needs to be ordered.

You didn't say how old your machines are but you did say your dishwasher needed to be looked at before so you need to weigh up the cost of biting the bullet and getting a new one or throwing good money at a dishwasher that may give more trouble in the future.

I dumped a 12 year old Miele W/M recently without getting a engineer out as I was able to work out it was a control panel fault which would have cost 250+ for the part and 120 for the call out. It was a top of the range machine and was supposed to last 20 years but I didn't think t was worth the risk of spending nearly €400 on an ageing machine so I juat bought a Zanussi that was on a half price offer in Curry's

You could contact someone like murphys discount appliances..http://www.murphysdiscountappliances.ie.

As far as I know they will check out your machine for free if you bring the machine(s) down to them . They also sell ex display and reconditioned appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

hi,sorry to hear their charges have risen so high but is your Nextra dryer out of warranty as their products carry a five guarantee, with the dryer when you select a programme do the indicator lights come on, if no a simple check would be unplug it remove the lid and check where the mains cable enters the machine at the rear for a burn out, my experience with these dryers is that they havent given major trouble in the elecs but the mains filter can be an issue, also check that somebody didnt break the the door striker for micro switch off the door at the top, also what kind of trouble are you having with the dishwasher . (PS i have repaired all major manufacturers appliances for over 3 decades so i dont mind giving a bit of free advice)

Hi all,
    just to update on this. The tumble dryer had a broken closing latch which has now been fixed. And the dishwasher had an issue with the heating element. The element is working but the wires going into it were al scorched. An electrician mate has had a look and is looking to make up some new connectors to attach to a new element when I get it, the base of this was also a little burnt so for the sake of £20 i think a new one will only benefit in the long run.
    So im now looking at somewhere to get the little spade like connectors for the wiring... does anyone know where to locate them on line or in Dublin? The model is a Candy CD 1012
    Thanks a million

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe the likes of Maplin or Peats would have the spade connectors?

Whereever you get them, be sure that they'll cope with the load of the element.

Advertisement