Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruins Beside Liscarton Water Treatment Plant

Options
  • 17-02-2013 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm not sure whether this belongs here or in the photography section, if I'm incorrect in placing it here, my apologies.

I'm an amateur photographer with a penchant for photographing ruins and dilapidated buildings. I've seen the ruins on the left of the road (on the way into Navan from Kells) repeatedly and am eager to see if I can find out who owns the land they're on and if there's any chance of gaining access to document the place.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

Ok, so I've discovered that what I'm looking at are the ruins of Liscartan/Liscarton Castle and Manor Church. Has anybody got any ideas as to where to start in searching for someone to approach to gain access to the area around the buildings (or what's left of them) in order to photograph them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Easiest thing to do is hop over the gate and go photograph them. If you meet the landowner then politely ask is it ok to take some pics. If the land owner asks you to leave then do so politely. You are unlikely to run into any trouble as long as you're not doing any damage. The vast majority of farmers are decent people who don't mind individuals crossing their land if they have a legitimate purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Jump the fence, take your pictures and nobody knows any different. I know a local that has gone in a few times to take pictures results aren't great tbh but you might see something he didnt.

PS dont catch anything on the barbwire :D

Advertisement