Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tobercurry

Options
  • 16-02-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Due to family connections I'm moving to Tubbercurry in the next 6 month. Was there quite a lot growing up but that was years ago. I did some checks on google maps but can someone clarify how long does it take to get to Sligo Town and Rosses Point from Tubbercurry? Surely with a clear road it's fairly quick.

Any other general information on the town would be great. I'll be regularly commuting to the UK from Knock airport. It's so handy the airport is only up the road, a major plus point.  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

finchkerry wrote: »
    Due to family connections I'm moving to Tubbercurry in the next 6 month. Was there quite a lot growing up but that was years ago. I did some checks on google maps but can someone clarify how long does it take to get to Sligo Town and Rosses Point from Tubbercurry? Surely with a clear road it's fairly quick.

Any other general information on the town would be great. I'll be regularly commuting to the UK from Knock airport. It's so handy the airport is only up the road, a major plus point.  

At least 25 to 30 minutes on a clear run, another 10-15 minutes to rosses point. Thats observing the speed limit.

Dont know anything about the town my self bar passing through for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP I use the road a lot and I agree with Irish Stews travel time calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭finchkerry

Cheers for that. I initially thought you could get to Sligo in 20 minutes, when the road is clear but obviously that's more like 25-30. Therefore your talking 35-40 minutes to Rosses Point?

Anyone got any information on Tubbercurry itself?

I'm looking for gyms in the area and can't seem to find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

finchkerry wrote: »
    I'm looking for gyms in the area and can't seem to find any.

As far as I'm aware there are no gyms in Tubber, but as you drive down the main street heading towards Galway. There is a fitness/personal training spot on your left. It's not quite opposite SuperValu, but it's close enough. I've seen Yoga classes and various fitness classses advertised on the notice board in SuperValu. But sorry, I got no specific details on those ads regarding where or when they are held.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Why not let Aine show you the sights and sounds of Tubbercurry?

http://youtu.be/p_yO5PZLbfo

Or you might prefer the Chamber of Commerce expo on Tubber?

(It looks like there's only one man living in Tubbercurry, but luckily for him, he plays golf against himself.)

http://youtu.be/IW_fLByprOw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Foggles

There are fitness classes:

www.facebook.com/fitness.classes?fref=pb

and South Sligo Athletics club:

www.southsligoac.net

but no Gym that I know of.

Advertisement