Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi fuel stove

Options
  • 16-02-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

multi fuel stove
    i am seriously thinking of buying a multi fuel stove with back boiler to heat 6/7 rads ,i want to fit it in my kitchen within the next 2 months ,i live in a three story house with gas central heating ,my question is how will this work ,yes i am a complete novice with the likes of this but the guy selling them said that its not a problem ? what will i need to have in place ,thanks for any relies,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cosycat

Hi Can anyone advise me on a non boiler multi fuel stove.
    Dont know how to post a question as I am new here.

I have open plan room. 16ft across,xx 8 ft high x 35ft long. Also want
    to open living room door to let heat go upstairs.

Do I need a 8or a 10kw stove?
    Cant afford more than 550.00 euro Help!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Simple calculater here.
    http://www.waterfordstanley.com/stanley-stoves/room-heat-calculator.aspx

This might give you some idea of prices.
    http://www.dc-logs.com/index.php?p=1_7_NON-BOILER-STOVES
    Add on another €170 for installation, clay adapter and enamel flue pipe. I have no connection to either of the above.
    Won't get it done for the price you mentioned I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cosycat

Hi Urban Fret
    Thanks very much for your reply. I have bought an 8kw stove and saving for the additonal cost of pipe etc. Should manage to do it all by November.

Do I have to get inspected by local council etc for insurance purposes etc or
    does that just apply in UK and N. Ireland?

Many thanks for help

Cosy Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

cosycat wrote: »
    Hi Urban Fret
    Thanks very much for your reply. I have bought an 8kw stove and saving for the additonal cost of pipe etc. Should manage to do it all by November.

Do I have to get inspected by local council etc for insurance purposes etc or
    does that just apply in UK and N. Ireland?

Many thanks for help

Cosy Cat

Building control only applies to uk & Ni.
    It has to comply with Irish building regs so just make sure who ever is fitting it does it to that

Advertisement