Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Valentines' bouquets sell off

Options
  • 16-02-2013 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all
    My local Aldi - Carlow - are selling off their red roses in various size bunches.
    From memory.....
    €14.99 for a dozen red with some Lilys thrown in reduced to €3.49
    €1.99 for single red rose reduced to 49c
    I think the €29.99 bunches were down to €7.49

The flowers are probably there since Monday or so but are still looking well!!
    There were lots left at 2pm too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

I wounder could I freeze them till april for my wifes birthday anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,105 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Snowc wrote: »
    You could try - if you are prepared for the frosty reception!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Snowc wrote: »

You could buy the rose dry them and claim they are a dried flower arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Tons of flowers left all over Dunnes, Tesco etc no money for flowers
    hard times :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

123balltv wrote: »
    Tons of flowers left all over Dunnes, Tesco etc no money for flowers
    hard times :mad:

The ones in Dunnes looked like a 2 year old had put them together and they wanted €30 for them. I think people are getting wise to the fact you can go to a florist and buy what you want (and state your budget) not what the supermarket wants to sell you. The supermarkets have just got greedy, look at the "value" range of ready meals etc.

Everyone thinks the supermarkets is always cheapest, you need to start check prices against local independent retailers...while they still exist...otherwise we will just be stuck with supermarkets and no alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Picked up a few last night. 1euro in tesco midleton for 12 roses (reduced from 20) and 1Euro for a nice bouquet reduced from 13. Very good quality, you wouldnt notice they were old at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bought half a dozen red roses in Aldi yesterday for €1.49, they were looking a little old but once they went into a vase of water with the plant food in it, they perked right up. Me mammy was delighted with them :D

Advertisement