Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New (tall) 'fridge time, advice please

Options
  • 16-02-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Folks, have to replace my fridge, it's a tall , integrated type. I'm buying locally, the 3 available to me are ;
    Bosch KIR38A55 GB
    Electrolux ERG 3313 AOW
    Whirlpool ARZV 010

The Bosch is almost a grand, the others over 300 euro less.

And to be honest I don't really want to spend 1000 on a fridge!

Any opinions on the Electro or W'Pool? Layout, reliability etc? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Any thoughts, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

We have a Siemens KS38 fridge for the last 7 years and its been trouble free.
    I would highly recommend Siemens for parts backup as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

a lot of these appliances are now manufactured in China, thats why the German one is dearer, much better quality, Bosch, Siemens , and Neff same family, one service call on the cheaper ones and you have nearly spent the same amt of cash but then it depends how much you have to spend

Budget is the thing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Have you considered looking in IKEA . They offer 5 year guarantees on something like this for €500. As far as I know alot of Ikea electrical appliances are mainly Electrolux based.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/90199505/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Make sure if your getting one with a freezer its a FROST FREE unit. Absolutly great job they are:cool:
    No more cleaning out ice build up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Folks, have to replace my fridge, it's a tall , integrated type. I'm buying locally, the 3 available to me are ;
    Bosch KIR38A55 GB
    Electrolux ERG 3313 AOW
    Whirlpool ARZV 010

The Bosch is almost a grand, the others over 300 euro less.

And to be honest I don't really want to spend 1000 on a fridge!

Any opinions on the Electro or W'Pool? Layout, reliability etc? Thanks.

I'd go with this neff over the Electrolux or Whirlpool

http://www.expert.ie/Product/Neff-K8524X7GB-Integrated-Fridge-Freezer/297006/3.6

I bought the whirlpool , from my local supplier who's less than 5 mins away, for the same if not better than the big stores. Thanks all, and it's not got a freezer.

Advertisement