Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit Ultra for €49.99 from BlocBuy

Options
  • 16-02-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just spotted this little gadget on BlocBuy and ordered one for myself (so they seem to be in stock). Looks like a good deal to me as they are around 100 euro anywhere else that I looked.

https://www.blocbuy.com/50/product

BTW: Says "Half Price - Only €49.99 for a very limited time!" on the page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Sadly the fitbit 1 is around e100, the Ultra is the old model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The only real difference between the ultra and the one is that the one has a vibrating wake up alarm and can sync on the go over Bluetooth 4.0 with iPhone & android as opposed to using the USB dongle only. If neither of those are essential then €49.99 is a great price. I've had my ultra for a year, I paid €60 by sending it to a US friend from amazon.com, it's a great motivator for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

It's also worth noting that the Fitbit One is water/splash resistant. Some people have broken their Fitbit Ultra because of water damage while outside in the rain. Still a great price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

My ultra went through a wash & spin dry and was perfect after 48hrs in a bag of rice, plenty of people on the fitbit forum report the same thing YMMV to be fair. Quite a few people have had a free replacement fitbit direct from the company after washing or even just losing it, even if they didn't buy the original from fitbit directly. The length's they go to to keep existing customers happy is pretty amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

havent heard of these guys before , anyone bought off them previously ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Rooy wrote: »
    havent heard of these guys before , anyone bought off them previously ?
    Haven't bought off them previously but did a quick google before I ordered the fitbit from them today
    "Despite the downturn, I found enterprising Irish companies creating new markets. Bloc Buy, (www.Blocbuy.com) is an Irish e-commerce startup founded by Noel Brennan, whose experience includes setting up audio-visual artworks for leading galleries in Europe and North America. “One of the benefits of being in a small market is that we can set up something new, without being instantly attacked by larger competitors,” he told me.

Blocbuy has a deal with the Irish subsidiary of a major insurance company to bring new and innovative products to the attention of its policy holders. Its first mailing included the first direct sale of the Fitbit activity tracker in Ireland."
    — from http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/exporting-to-the-near-abroad/028801

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ianhickey

Just noticed that the offer expires on Wednesday,

From BlocBuy -> (This offer will be available till Wednesday the 20th of February or if we run out sooner...)

I'll update the post when I receive mine!

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Thanks OP - ordered one as the product looks promising.

Site was awful.... wouldn't load/process order properly on Firefox for me. Had to use IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

psicic wrote: »
    Site was awful.... wouldn't load/process order properly on Firefox for me. Had to use IE.

I had the opposite problem. Wouldn't process properly for me on IE but did on Firefox.

I used Chrome so I didn't notice any of those issues!

Anyway my fitbit ultra arrived today, so I am happy, now lets see if I can motivate myself to get fitter :-)

Ian

• Advertisement

Looks like they are out of stock now for that offer, that's a shame. I got mine yesterday and am finding it really interesting now.

The website that goes with the fitbit is pretty cool too, nice and simple. Lets you track your diet and other exercises in addition to what the fitbit tracks.

not a new bargain alert - but just a FYI: looks like they have the new FitBit Flex now

https://www.blocbuy.com/fitbit_flex_ireland

I think I should have waited and gone for one of these instead! ah well......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

out of curiosity is there a smartphone app that would replace it ?

Haven't tried it - but there is Accupedo Pedometer

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

The only real difference between the ultra and the one is that the one has a vibrating wake up alarm and can sync on the go over Bluetooth 4.0 with iPhone & android as opposed to using the USB dongle only. If neither of those are essential then €49.99 is a great price. I've had my ultra for a year, I paid €60 by sending it to a US friend from amazon.com, it's a great motivator for training.

Be careful, the flex will only sync with a select few Android phones

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The Fitbits are reduced again on BlocBuy, not quite as cheap as before though...

The Ultra at €69.99 and the One at €79.99.

https://www.blocbuy.com/50/product

The new Flex though is €99.99. Anyone compared this to the Jawbone Up?

Cool, thinking of getting another one as the missus has since nicked mine! Seems it appeals to other people and not just gadget freaks like me :-)

Advertisement