Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda

Options
  • 16-02-2013 12:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

Hi all Im planning a stag and i wanted to pick somewhere we don't know came up with Drogheda.
    So I have a couple of questions if someone can answer them.
    1. Is the Samba festival any craic?
    2. whats the names of the best pubs and clubs?
    3. Things to do for the craic during the day besides drinking.

Can anyone help?
    I figure if a non drinker can answer these questions it must be good :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Ninemiles wrote: »
    Hi all Im planning a stag and i wanted to pick somewhere we don't know came up with Drogheda.
    So I have a couple of questions if someone can answer them.
    1. Is the Samba festival any craic?
    2. whats the names of the best pubs and clubs?
    3. Things to do for the craic during the day besides drinking.

Can anyone help?
    I figure if a non drinker can answer these questions it must be good :)
    Madness, don't go on a stag to Drogheda pick somewhere nice. I'm from there and while it's an alrite town its not a place to go on a stag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Ninemiles

GRMA wrote: »
    Madness, don't go on a stag to Drogheda pick somewhere nice. I'm from there and while it's an alrite town its not a place to go on a stag.

Any suggestions bearing in mind we come from the west so not Cork,kerry or Limerick and nothing way too far like Donegal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Carrick on Shannon is a great place for a stag/hen party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Ninemiles

xzanti wrote: »
    Carrick on Shannon is a great place for a stag/hen party.

I know its great I was there for mine :) cant go again tho because its basically the same group of lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a non-drinker living in Drogheda, I'd say avoid it like the plague.

Hell, even if you're a drinker, I'd avoid it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Depends when you want to go really, the samba festival is in july, I think. But the town will prob go mad for the drinking during this so if you or your group doesn't drink then don't go at that time. There were something like 64 pubs in Drogheda the last time I counted and I would guess far less places that have activities not centred around alcohol. Again, if you're going to go to my town for a stag weekend, it really depends on what your interests are. There are two bowling alleys, a cinema, A LOT of things of historical interest such as the Millmount and St' Laurances Gate with tours given to groups on occaision. There is usually an outdoor music festival held in the town in June or July or than the samba, called Beat on the Boyne but as you know with Irish weather, it has had to be postponed in the past due rain or wind. I would recommend Dublin but if your trying to save money it'll be less expensive in Drogheda. When ye are booking your stay in the town, please make sure that there is an event being held for when you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Is Kilkenny not the stags capitol ? heard it was great craic ...

Advertisement