Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog biting problem

Options
  • 16-02-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

my puppie keeps on biting me hands and feet .. it really hurts because she has sharp teeth .. what should i do to stop this .. we tried distracting her with a toy but id doesn't work :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

In my, limited to one, experience this is a really easy fix - and its really important that you do. Basically you emit a high pitched 'OWW' and then turn away and stop play or giving attention in any way, you can recommence at a lower intensity after a short period of looking hurt. If the puppy is persisting with the rough play you can put him the other side of a door just for 30 seconds or so, or until he settles down - just so he realises that biting means that play stops. when you think about it that's how dogs themselves play - basically a squeal means play stops - basically the dog will eventually think your hands and feet are very sensitive and are off limits.
    Its way better described on the dogstardaily website and well worth reading through that for wider tips.
    I think the key is consistency - its no good if someone else in the house is allowing the roughhousing and biting to continue as its funny - i know as i was that person once, when its your own dog you realise the responsibility lies with you.
    You should see improvements within a few days and then maintain the consistency for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Sorry to be pedantic, but in the maxi zoo food thread, the puppy is a male, and in this thread, she is a bitch. Do you have two puppies?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 osnapitsanna.

I have 3 dogs ..two adults and one puppie :)

I have 3 dogs ..two adults and one puppie :)

but in one thread, you say the puppie is a male, then in another you say she is a female. So is the puppy male or female?

the one im talking about in this one is a female

• Advertisement

does that make any difference ??

does that make any difference ??

I just find it odd that someone doesn't know what gender their puppy is thats all :)

as i said .. i have more then one dog .. i find it odd that some people cant read .. dont you ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Do anyone of you know any dog food types that i could feed my 3 months old shih tzu cross. I used to give him Baker complete but i heard it is really bad for dogs and it makes them hyper.
    Im looking for something not to expensive to mix in with Hills Science plan .
    Will the fit and fun , frolic ,bonio or madra ??

Eh,I don't think its a case of someone not being able to read. That's your quote from the other thread. Hardly ISDWs fault for getting confused

One of the threads you started:

Maxi Zoo foods
    Do anyone of you know any dog food types that i could feed my 3 months old shih tzu cross. I used to give him Baker complete but i heard it is really bad for dogs and it makes them hyper.
    Im looking for something not to expensive to mix in with Hills Science plan .
    Will the fit and fun , frolic ,bonio or madra ??

One of the other threads you started:

Puppie problem
    I have a 3 months old shih tzu cross puppie.. we tried toliet training her in all the possible ways we know but none of them seam to be working .
    We put the paper , waked her every 2 hours and she still does her business everywhere in the house . Even when we take her for long walkes she doesn't do her business inside but after we come in she does in where ever she is standing !! Any advice on what to do ?? how to make her do her business outside instead of at home ??

So, perhaps you could explain what exactly I have read incorrectly? Perhaps instead of criticising people, wrongly, you could get a dictionary and learn to spell? I'd love to know what a puppie is, and a walke? as for seam? great if you're talking about clothes, mining etc, but it is seem in this context.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

Oh No, the made a mistake writing her instead of him.

Better call the garda armed unit in and the keyboard warriors :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: let's lay off on the spelling and grammar lessons folks, if anyone has a problem with a post, report it. Do not retort.
    Let's stay on topic please.
    Do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement