Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Platinum blonde - HELP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh you can. It might take a few goes of getting it to that colour, though.

There isn't many salons comfortable with doing that kind of colour though because it's quite damaging to your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 itsmeenicolee

Will the color be uniform even though I have highlights? and is it going to dry my hair even though my hair is already blonde?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Toner toner toner. If your hair is naturally goldish it will just go a horrible yellow colour. Unless you use toner!

And yeah, most hairdressers won't do it. Prob won't be a very uniform colour either.

If you can anyway get a hairdresser to do it. I did my hair platinum blonde recently myself (same natural colour as yours) and it needed to be fixed a good bit.

Yeh it would be uniform as they'd leave the bleach on until your hair is all the same colour and that would be why it would be dry.

I'm not going to bull**** you. Your hair will be in shocking bad condition.

You could attempt just using a toning shampoo yourself to see if that takes the 'golden' look from your hair.

my hairdresser said she would do it but she advises against it because she said it will cause damage and she prefers the more natural look of highlights. my hair is pretty healthy now because i always make homemade masks everytime i wash my hair, and i only wash my hair once a week. oh and ive used a toning shampoo and it works to keep my hair from turning brassy, but i want that all over platinum look that you get from bleaching it. thank you all though

my plan is to go completely platinum in the summertime. and until then im going to prep my hair with hair masks, alternating between protein and moisturizing masks, and ive also stopped using heat to style my hair (blowdryer and straightener). im also not going to do my roots until then

my biggest question/worry is does having my hair already highlighted help transition into platinum blonde or are those hairs going to fry once i bleach it?

• Advertisement

They are going to fry.

Is it repairable?

Let it grow out and get it cut.

Using things like Redken anti snap will help but tbh that much bleach is going to ruin your hair. That's the reason why most salons won't do it.

Thanks. That's what I'm planning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I would get another 1 or 2 full heads before attempting to tint it. Why don't you try a hilift tint instead from your hairdresser when it is bright enough.

I wouldn't attempt anything such as bleaching hair yourself at home. You don't know what way it will turn out so you won't know which toner to have handy, presuming you would be familiar with how to use toners.

You will definitely notice a difference in your hair condition no matter how you prep it up though.

• Advertisement

I would never attempt it myself I'm going to a hairdresser

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

My hair is dark brown. I started of with highlights and had a lot of them!! Long story short I ended up putting bleach in and went fully blonde, was in oz At the time do the sun kinda made it go more blonde.
    Now i do the roots myself or a friend. Use 40vol which is pretty high and not the best but cos my hair is so dark I find it works best. I use a purple shampoo once a week. Also after bleaching I use reckon color bomb in platinum. It takes the yellow was out and makes it a proper shade of blonde. I wouldn't say it's white tho but a natural looking white I'd that's possible!! Il get post pics tomo or next day for you!
    Hopefully that's somewhat helpful and not a
    Load of gibberish!!

Edit- my hair
    Isn't on awful bad condition not dry at all. But does have a teeny bit of breakage! All depends on your hair condition aswell tho! A friend that does hers the same as me has a lot more breakage.

40 vol is completely crazy how is your scalp not burnt. Any hairdresser would tell you that is mad. 30 vol should be the strongest any one should use and even with 20vol using a decent bleach that isn't cheap and the right toner works for most

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

40 vol is completely crazy how is your scalp not burnt. Any hairdresser would tell you that is mad. 30 vol should be the strongest any one should use and even with 20vol using a decent bleach that isn't cheap and the right toner works for most

Sorry should really read over my posts!! It is 30% I use! Stupid phone... I'd say if I used 40 all my hair would fall out!! :O dunno would 20 work on it tho? How long would I have to leave 20 compared to 30?

idunno78 wrote: »

Sorry should really read over my posts!! It is 30% I use! Stupid phone... I'd say if I used 40 all my hair would fall out!! :O dunno would 20 work on it tho? How long would I have to leave 20 compared to 30?

Yeah some people get away with 20vol grand.im dark enough so I would have to use 30 but my friend is naturally mousey brown and 20 works for her.id usually leave it around 40minutes

Advertisement