Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Kevin Webster" child sex abuse charges

• 15-02-2013 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I remember reading in 2011 that Michael La Vell, who plays Kevin Webster on Coronation Street, that he had been arrested for the sexual abuse of a teenage girl but there were no charges made. At the time, I thought it may have been a case of someone looking for a few quid or something, as the story seemed to disappear as soon as it started.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/coronation-street-star-michael-la-876054

Shocked then reading today that he had been charged with 19 charges of rape and sexual assault of a child.

http://fecktv.com/corrie-star-michael-la-vell-charged-with-19-child-sex-offences/

If it is true, it is very scary to think of the children he would have had access to through his job. The article seems to suggest that these charges are all against the same child, between 2001 and 2010. He denies all charges.

Spokespeople for Corrie have said that he will not appear in any further episodes until the results of the trial are out .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭grottyblotty

I don't know what think now, he looks dreadfull in the papers. Innocent till proven guilty, you just don't know these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

I hope Sally doesn't find out..................

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't know what think now, he looks dreadfull in the papers. Innocent till proven guilty, you just don't know these days.

Let's all remember this.

On a side note.. I noticed a while back that he looked terrible on screen.. like he had aged over night or something.. shows what stress does to you really..

I did too, and it looked like he over did with the sun, but that seemed to age him even more, and his voice was odd as well.

Kevin Websters lines are deleted and Curly is to return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement