Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Deskjet 2510 €29.90

Options
  • 15-02-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Heatons are selling these printers for half price now €29.90. They are also reduced to £30 on Amazon. Scanner built in not wireless but good budget printer for price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bought one of these today in carrickmines, good stock levels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

But how much are the ink cartridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

But how much are the ink cartridges?

For a colour & black, in XL, it's €60. As usual, HP rip-off pricing applies. That's PCW price by the way, so cheaper elsewhere I guess.

Still, madness IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I use inkmaestro.ie for my toner and ink requirements, good prices on both generic and specific brands and quick delivery.
    I've no connection with them other than being a customer since around 2010. Buying ink in a bricks and mortar store is throwing your money away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

At €30 the printer is disposable really. The only own downside is the manufactures are on to this tactic and new printers generally only come with smaller than normal cartridges. I think a small laser, or all in one with a scanner is a better long term buy and more useful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

i have a hp 6180 . It's a complete pain in the ars* . It takes about 2 minutes to print the first page from when you switch it on . It goes thru this big initialisation routine every time, making groaning and banging noises as it goes. I'd steer well clear of HP printers. Canon inkjets printers are the best .

www.inkjet.ie is where i buy my ink and i have no connection with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Colour: black
    Brand: HP
    Type: Inkjet Cartridge
    Number: CH561EE
    Contents: 3ml.
    EAN: 8 84962894385
    Capacity: ± 190 pages (5% coverage)
    Our item no: 044030

3ml???? Half a teaspoon??? jeez what a ripoff by HP....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Yamanoto wrote: »

Well, I've paid less for ink with them for my printers (I've a laser bw printer and a colour ink printer/scanner) than I would have in a PCWorld or other b+m store. I can't vouch for all inks. Also the ones in your link seem to be a good bit cheaper than the €60 quoted a few posts above. (Colour / Black XL is €42)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Yakuza wrote: »
    Also the ones in your link seem to be a good bit cheaper than the €60 quoted a few posts above. (Colour / Black XL is €42)

For the set of 2x 3rd party inks from ink maestro with delivery works out at 46.45 Euro and contain a total of 30ml. (1.55 Euro per ml)

I get a full set of 5x 3rd party inks for my Canon delivered for 4.50 Euro and they contain a total of 70ml. (6c per ml)

Also consider that with an all in one colour cartridge you have to replace it when just one of the colours runs out. Whereas with individual inks you just replace one at a time as needed. This in itself saves you even more money.

For the 30 Euro printer in question and one set of inks from ink maestro at 46 Euro that'll run out in no time, you're looking at 76 Euro which is almost the same price you can get a decent Canon with much higher resolution printing and scanning with Wifi and dirt cheap inks from then on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Yakuza wrote: »
    Well, I've paid less for ink with them for my printers (I've a laser bw printer and a colour ink printer/scanner) than I would have in a PCWorld or other b+m store. I can't vouch for all inks. Also the ones in your link seem to be a good bit cheaper than the €60 quoted a few posts above. (Colour / Black XL is €42)

Yeah, what I meant was inks for the OP's particular model were expensive, not inkmaestro prices in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Blade wrote: »
    For the set of 2x 3rd party inks from ink maestro with delivery works out at 46.45 Euro and contain a total of 30ml. (1.55 Euro per ml)

I get a full set of 5x 3rd party inks for my Canon delivered for 4.50 Euro and they contain a total of 70ml. (6c per ml)

Also consider that with an all in one colour cartridge you have to replace it when just one of the colours runs out. Whereas with individual inks you just replace one at a time as needed. This in itself saves you even more money.

For the 30 Euro printer in question and one set of inks from ink maestro at 46 Euro that'll run out in no time, you're looking at 76 Euro which is almost the same price you can get a decent Canon with much higher resolution printing and scanning with Wifi and dirt cheap inks from then on.

Cheers Blade for the info. I've been lurking around the printer BA's for awhile now as my old Dell gave up the ghost over xmas. Any links to the printer model and ink refills you are referring to above?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

donnacha wrote: »
    Cheers Blade for the info. I've been lurking around the printer BA's for awhile now as my old Dell gave up the ghost over xmas. Any links to the printer model and ink refills you are referring to above?

I got a Canon Pixma MG5350 a couple of years ago to replace an old Dell too. I got it from an Irish office supply place for 105 Euro, but if you can get the free delivery from Amazon you should be able to get one for around 80 Euro now. However you should check for some more recent reviews as there's probably an updated model available by now.

Soon after I bought the printer I bought a pack of 30 chipped ink cartridges on ebay for 27 Euro including delivery from a UK seller. The printer takes 5 cartridges, so this was 6 complete refills which I'm still going through at the moment. I don't remember the seller now but if you check even on Amazon you should be able to pick them for around the same price.

Advertisement