Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need replacement Cable TV exterior panel door

Options
  • 15-02-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all...

Not sure where to post this.

The cable/TV box at the side of my house is missing the door:

tv_box.jpg

Does anyone know what the proper name is for this so I can google a replacement? Or even a direct link to where I can get a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Any builders' merchants will have them. I got one in a local Chadwicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ScaryGuy

Thanks!

I'll try there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Chadwicks,Heiton Buckleys,Smiths or Goodwins will have them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most places will only allow you buy the box rather then the just the door, at roughly €14.

That style is also being phased out, where the new type the door lifts up. That could be good as they might have one lying around, downside they might be gone already so you will have to keep searching

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

If you do get one drill a small hole in the door and use a screwgun to put a small screw into the frame of the box.This is the only way I could stop the door of mine coming loose and blowing away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement