Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants For Non-Erasmus

Options
  • 15-02-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is grants for students hoping to study in North/South Americas, Asia, Australia etc?

Do they cover flights or tuition fees?

EDIT : Realised this was the wrong forum, mods please move to "Studying Abroad" and delete this part of my message, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I think there are some for the Asian countries but only if they are new participants to the programs. So, the likes of Japan would be out as it has been long established. None of the others as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is this for an Erasmus type programme or for actually doing your degree abroad? If it's a year abroad as part of an Irish degree your normal grant/fees arrangements still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

pow wow wrote: »
    Is this for an Erasmus type programme or for actually doing your degree abroad? If it's a year abroad as part of an Irish degree your normal grant/fees arrangements still apply.

Now that its mentioned, I should clarify. What pow wow says is right in that a year abroad, you just pay your fees to your home Uni and if you avail of the SUSI grant, its the same AFAIK. Usually in an Erasmus program, you did get an additional Grant for going, but not outside of them bar the Asian thing I mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is grants for students hoping to study in North/South Americas, Asia, Australia etc?

Do they cover flights or tuition fees?

EDIT : Realised this was the wrong forum, mods please move to "Studying Abroad" and delete this part of my message, thanks.

Hi there,

SUSI only provides funding to attend courses in colleges within the European Union. The college must be a public college and the course must be a full time course.

Regards,
    Robbie

Advertisement