Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines New Baggage Allowance

Options
  • 15-02-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Malaysia Airlines is pleased to announce that effective 14 February 2013, its passengers will enjoy an additional 10 kilograms free checked baggage allowance and reduced excess baggage charges for travel in all classes. These apply to all travel from this date irrespective of tickets issued earlier reflecting the original lower free allowance.

The national carrier of Malaysia is introducing these benefits on all its flights involving the weight system concept for checked baggage, except for travel to and from Los Angeles where the charges are based on the piece system.

Under the new baggage guidelines all adult and child passengers will enjoy 30, 40, and 50 kilograms free baggage allowance respectively for travel on economy, business and first class.

Charges for checked baggage weights in excess of the new free allowance will be calculated depending on zone of travel with a fixed rate applied for every 5 kilograms of excess baggage weight.

This is great news for me because im heading to Oz an was worried about the 20kg but now I have plenty of room

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Etihad recently upped their economy luggage allowance to 30Kgs also. Malaysian, Emirates and Etihad all on 30Kgs now is only a good thing, hopefully more airlines will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I literally just shouted ' Woo-hoo! ' at the screen!

Well, this is good news as I'm travelling by Malaysia Airlines for the Lions Share of my flight over next month! :D

Advertisement