Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to identify hip-hop song aired on MTV in autumn 1993

Options
  • 15-02-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Dear friends,

please help identify the hip-hop song aired on MTV in autumn 1993. The video shows two black guys riding a jeep somewhere on plains and singing something like "channel girl, hard time really". One guy's voice resembles that of Shaggy, but I'm not sure if it was him. At some moment they see a huge cannabis bush and music changes a bit to oriental.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It's not california love by dre and pac is it? I remember a jeep in that anyway but that's literally the only connection I can think of

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The only other people I think it could be are Bounty Killer or Mad Lion that were around back then and sound like Shaggy.

Or this at a long shot:

Or maybe even Da Bush Babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vladread

Dear friends, thanks a lot for your suggestions, but these still not what I'm looking for. Bounty Killer's "Copper Shot" rings the bell however.

Thinking again, I recalled that guys were driving convertible, not jeep, and it was somewhere in prairie. Music was little funkier, and major line was something like (I know I repeat my first post)
    "Chanel girl hump (or maybe "up")
    hard time really"...

Anyway, I really appreciate your suggestions

Vladimir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Are you sure its a hip hop song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 vladread

Actually, as I couldn't find it in any hip hop chart, I start to think so...

Advertisement