Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales From The Crypt/EC Comics

Options
  • 15-02-2013 2:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭

Has anyone else read and loved EC Comics? I'm a huge fan, and was looking for some discussion.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I take it you've heard about the Fantagraphics EC Comics Collections? I've not read much of the old EC stuff but I'd be kind of curious to see some of it - more out of interest in their place in comics history than anything else, really, since they got scapegoated during Fredric Wertham's campaign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

Fysh wrote: »
    I take it you've heard about the Fantagraphics EC Comics Collections? I've not read much of the old EC stuff but I'd be kind of curious to see some of it - more out of interest in their place in comics history than anything else, really, since they got scapegoated during Fredric Wertham's campaign.

The Fantagraphics are great collections! EC's influence is huge, when you look at Spawn and The Walking Dead, alongside recent titles like Lot 13, check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I've read some of the war stuff, it's dated and a little corny but completely outdoes other such genre work of its time. Very anti-war. Fantastic art from all the EC regulars too, Davis, Severin, Wood etc.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I've read some of the war stuff, it's dated and a little corny but completely outdoes other such genre work of its time. Very anti-war. Fantastic art from all the EC regulars too, Davis, Severin, Wood etc.

EC art is superb, my favourite of their stable of artists was Feldstein, a legend in comic book art!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

@Twilightzone: You might be interested in this announcement from IDW :)

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote: »
    @Twilightzone: You might be interested in this announcement from IDW :)

Thanks buddy!

Advertisement