Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in Paganism

Options
  • 15-02-2013 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there all! Im 29 and was raised catholic and although i dont consider myself one anymore ive kinda been calling myself agnostic the last few years, i have read a bit about Paganism and it seems like it might be something that fits in with my way of thinking, basically i believe in not harming others, animals or the earth and dont care if someones gay, straight, male, female etc so long as they respect others and dont hurt them, i believe that is more important than any outward label someone may have. I also believe that as we are male and female everything on earth must have equal but unique male and female energies, lots of mainstream religions do not adhere to this rule and are more in favour of males. I have read that some of the things I have stated above are important pagan qualities, does anyone know somewhere i can get intouch to get started or even some good books to read to learn more about this practice as i know paganism takes many forms and is more an unbrella term for many nature based beliefs i would just like to find to find the right path and even if there is any websites in Ireland that would be a good place to get me started :)

Many Thanks,
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Paganism as a term covers a fair amount of stuff. Were there any aspects or groups in particular that appeal to you more than others?

Depending on where you are there may be local groups that meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 K2011

Have you gone to your local bookstore to see if there's anything of this nature in stock? There are far too many crap titles out there but, if you are Dublin based, Hodges Figgis currently have the best selection.

See the Witchvox and The Wiccan and Pagan Times sites which should suffice for now in terms of getting to grips with the basics on various traditions, as well as offering articles on related topics and book reviews.

You will find dates and information on the Facebook pages of the Dublin Pub Moot and the Bray Pub Moot which are open events. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

There are quite a few different groups/meet ups organised around the country on a regular basis. Tbh the best thing to do is probably search on Google or Facebook (I hate having to say that!) to find a group near you. From there you should be able to meet some nice people who can help you better to become informed about the various practices found within the broad spectrum that is "Paganism" and from there you can decide for yourself if it's for you.
    Regards,
    Neil

Advertisement