Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRINCE 2 or NCIRL Cert in Business Analysi

Options
  • 14-02-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I am currently out of work but have been working as a business analyst at a very basic level. i am looking at doing some training to make myself more marketable. the two options i have been looking at are the PRince 2 course with sureskills for approx 1500 and the Cert in Business analysis from NCIRL for 3400 . The prince 2 is a five day course whilst the NCIRL is 2 days a month over 6 months. just wondering if anyone has done either of these? or if anyone has any advice as to which may prove to be more beneficial.

MAny thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

They're very different, Prince2 relates to Project Management. I've completed training in Prince2 to Practitioner level, it is fairly straight forward. I suppose it depends on the types of roles you want to go for. PMP is another project management methodology worth looking into. Or perhaps you could consider Service Management ITIL, seems to be work in that area - Sure skills offer training in that area - not cheap though if you do all modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

boobar wrote: »
    They're very different, Prince2 relates to Project Management. I've completed training in Prince2 to Practitioner level, it is fairly straight forward. I suppose it depends on the types of roles you want to go for. PMP is another project management methodology worth looking into. Or perhaps you could consider Service Management ITIL, seems to be work in that area - Sure skills offer training in that area - not cheap though if you do all modules.

Just a quick one if you don't mind.... I was looking at rereading firstly in IT, but it was recommended to me last seek to go for project management over IT.....

Is there much work around, and is it easy enough to get work once you have completed your cert? Also what kind of salary could I expect.... If you Prefer to private message me rather than reply top this post I would really appreciate it.....

cheers, DD

Advertisement